Saturday, November 8, 2008

Guangzhou is lovely

Suzanne says Guangzhou is lovely, and that the White Swan Hotel lives up to its grand reputation. I called them in the afternoon (it was after midnight and I couldn't sleep at the cottage) and she said Frances is doing very well. Suzanne doesn't think there are any developmental delays, and that our fears about a lazy-eye were unfounded. Frances slept through the flight from Nanning to Guangzhou, and woke up just as they were landing. She saw Wilda across the room at the airport while they were dealing with luggage, and started giggling and waving. Because many people are calling her "Frances" she seems to respond to that name, though she can say "Tong-Tong." They put the phone to her ear and I talked to her and she could say "Da Da" and it seems that she is conscious of the fact that many of the other children in the group have Daddies and she wonders where hers is. When I talk to her on the phone, Suzanne says she looks around the hotel room, wondering where I am.
They are excited about shopping. Thats all I have to report.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Dale,
Thank you for visiting my blog (Flora). I have seen your beautiful Frances on Kavanna's blog. I am glad that things seem to be going well with Frances and her transition.

Alyson & Ford said...

Our daughter took to her new English name very quickly; we still occasionally say her Chinese name along with her English. We did not officially keep any of her Chinese name.
Shopping is fun and will get them out exploring. If you read our blog about our "BTDT" advice, buy, buy, buy. We were sorry that we didn't buy several items on our list and more gifts for family.

Can't wait to see you all together and some pictures!
Thanks for commenting on our blog.

Alyson