Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tooth Fairy

Frances is now eleven months old. Wow, how time flies.
I am thinking about the tooth fairy. Frances is teething, so its not that she's losing her teeth (though I am sure that will come in good time). But this teething experience has me thinking about the tooth fairy. I think its because I wish the tooth fairy would come and give Frances all her teeth, or at least a big bunch of them, so we could be done with teething for a while.
I remember a time when I lost a tooth while visiting my grandparents in Michigan. (I grew up in New Jersey) It was when my grandfather was alive, and he died when I was eight, so I was probably about six years old when this happened. It was the summer when my mother and I drove out to Michigan without my father. Anyway, when I would visit my grandparents in those days, I would sleep on the couch in their den. The morning after I lost the tooth, I woke up, and there was a $50 bill under my pillow. I was ecstatic, and loudly announced my luck to my grandparents. My grandmother. who was in her bathrobe having her coffee and doughnut, turned to my grandfather and said "I didn't know the tooth fairy gave out fifties..." and my grandfather said "I guess it must have been so dark that the tooth fairy didn't see what he was taking out of his wallet."

2 comments:

Carol said...

I am waiting for you to post more pictures. Carol

Ellen said...

Dale-
Thanks again for the photo of Flora and Frances. After seeing Flora today, i am absolutely positive that it is her in the photo with Frances! Thank you!!