Sunday, April 5, 2009

Not much new news

I know, its been a while since I've posted an update. I haven't taken a picture in two weeks--but we're still here. The weather is getting better (though they are predicting snow tonight, ugh!) but its been kind of gloomy at the same time. I'll take gloomy in the 50s over subzero and sunny--I think. Frances is teething again, she has eight teeth and seems to be working on a ninth. We have been down at the cottage the past two weekends, but the house needs to be cleaned up, and the yard is a disaster, and we've just had things to deal with, so there hasn't been a lot of time for fun. I am trying to get paperwork filed to make Frances a US citizen (because I didn't travel with Suzanne, we need to file the N600) and it seems more complicated than I can finagle. I am waiting to hear from USCIS, but I think Suzanne, Frances and I will need to appear in person in Detroit armed with birth and marriage certificates for Frances and ourselves, as well as a bunch of other paperwork, and a large certified check. Getting to Detroit on a weekday during daytime hours involves Suzanne taking a day off from work, so if it turns out we do need to go to Detroit, then it won't happen until school gets out in mid-May.
Anyway, thats the news. Once I get some new pictures, I will post them. I suspect we will take some on Easter--Frances has the perfect Easter dress. Its a shame that she won't be wearing 18month clothes longer--we've gotten so many adorable outfits in the 18 month size... I don't know if she'll get to wear them all before she outgrows them.

2 comments:

Billy and Maggie said...

OH the winters are to long arent they! Much luck with the paperwork. The hardest part is behind you : )

Andy said...

Good luck with the paperwork!