Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beautiful Michigan--More from Big Red at Holland State Park

THAT BABY... surprised me and went down at 10:15 for a nap. Wonders never cease. More recently, it has seemed that her morning nap was going to become a thing of the past. So, since the child is asleep, I have some time to blog.
Sunday the fifth was a nice relaxing day--we went to church, went to lunch, went to visit my Aunt and cousin in Holland, and then, since we were there, and since I have a state park sticker this year, we decided to go and swing by the state park for some sunshine and beach. This time Franny was much more willing to venture out and enjoy herself, and she enjoied running up and down the pier--at least the part of the pier that has railings... And we took some more pictures of the lighthouse, known to the locals at "Big Red." I was never exactly a local in Holland, but I don't suppose it matters now. Anyway, Holland has two big beaches, each a mile from the other... one we always called "Ottawa Beach" which is the State Park, which you need to pay $6 or have a sticker to get into. The other beach is called "Tunnel Park" because it has a big tunnel leading to the beach, and Tunnel Park used to be free, but now, since Ottawa County took it over, it also charges visitors. I am only going on about this because of the terminology... Tunnel Park is now an Ottawa County Park, and we used to call what is now the state park, Ottawa Beach. It could get confusing, as they are smack dab next to each other. Anyway, I digress. Here are the pictures we took, posted in no particular order.
The child loves feeling a breeze... it always makes her smile


I am not pleased to see the bald spot forming on the top of my head, but as I am 34 now, and quickly approaching (if I'm not there already) middle age, I resolve to face this new and unavoidable challenge head-on, and not start doing a comb-over or anything else to try to re-capture my lost youth. Some things improve with age, and I hope I am such an entity...
Look at Franny in this one--she looks like she's having a religious experience. I hope this isn't a sign that she's going to grow up to be a charismatic...
Chillin with Mama
Suzanne just made this one her profile pic on Facebook...
Must have been an airplane flying over head...
I especially like this picture...

No comments: