Friday, August 7, 2009

Beautiful Michigan: Muskegon

Yesterday Franny got up a bit earlier than usual, so she got up from her nap a bit earlier than usual as well, and since it was a beautiful day, I decided to drive out to Muskegon to see the Lighthouses. Access to this beach in Muskegon is free, as its owned by the city, and there is a very long pier and two lighthouses. It was a gorgeous day, and the water was so blue. It makes me love Michigan. Though you can probably tell that I already love Michigan. Anyway, here are the pics I took from our beautiful afternoon. In the past, Frances has been a bit hesitant about venturing out at the beach, but this time she was happy to run along the pier, and if anything, she was a bit mad when I insisted on carrying her when there were no ropes or fences to keep her from going over the edge.
There is a very long pier which is bordered by rocks
This is the OTHER Lighthouse, seen from across Muskegon Lake. I didn't drive out far enough to get to this lighthouse.
Frances was mesmerized, watching the waves wash against the rocks.
This is what we get when we tell Frances to smile for a picture. It is cute in small doses.
Here she is looking very cute and girly...
Someone on the pier snapped this picture for us.

And I just thought this would make a good picture.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nina said...

Frances is so cute! Looks like you had fun in MI.

Happy belated anniversary - one year since we saw our daughters' faces for the first time! Life has never been the same and I'm so grateful for the joy and laughter that Kavanna has brought into our hearts... as Frances has done for you :)

I've been bad at keeping in touch... so busy!!!

Hugs,
Nina

chad-roscoe said...

Dear Dale, thank you for stopping by my blog and for your nice words. I don' know if we could wait 6 more months though, but I appreciate the effort to tell us it will be okay.
Michigan is very pretty, and I did not think it would be. I love the water and the rocks.
Francis is gorgeous!
And, it's great to see dads who blog! There are so few!
xo~
Di (and Dave too!)