Saturday, June 19, 2010

Louisville, KY: Scoring AP Exams

This was my first year scoring the AP Exams in Louisville, and it was quite an experience. In previous years there were 900 English teachers under one roof scoring exams in Daytona Beach, but this year they put the English Language and the English Literature people together, so there were over 2,000 English teachers under one roof, scoring exams. In the picture above, I am in the Hard Rock Cafe in Louisville with some table-mates from last year's reading.
I was rather busy with my online courses and I didn't get away from the convention center and the Galt House Hotel very much, but at the Kentucky Welcome Center, I was able to get my picture taken with Colonel Sanders.

I have gotten to know some interesting people over my years of scoring exams. Here is a picture of one such individual. This is Alice, an English teacher from California. We were sat next to each other at the same table two years in a row, and seem to keep running into each other.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: